Is there an application fee?

There is not an application fee. You should NEVER be charged and application fee for public housing or Section 8 housing.

Are appointments necessary?

No, they are not necessary to pick up an application. You can turn in your application anytime during normal business hours. We will go over your application and verify that you have brought all required documentation. If you need further documents, you will take your application and return it with all required documents. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.

Can I look at a unit before I apply?

The AHA does not keep units open for viewing. Our maintenance staff works hard to prepare units as quickly as possible so that we may call the next person on the list. You will be given the opportunity to inspect the unit before you sign your lease agreement.

Do you allow pets?

The Pet Deposit is $200.00. All pet deposits are due at move in. All pets must meet the guidelines in the AHA Pet Policy.

Do you run background checks?

Yes. We are not able to house some people with criminal history related to domestic violence, drug charges, and sex crimes.

Do you run credit checks?

Yes. Poor credit does not automatically disqualify you from participation in the program. In most cases, your credit report is not a factor. We typically only consider negative history as it applies to previous landlords and local utility companies.

How are the number of bedrooms determined?

0 Bedrooms

1 Person Maximum

1 Bedroom

2 Person Maximum

2 Bedrooms

4 Person Maximum

3 Bedrooms

6 Person Maximum

How long is the wait for housing?

The wait on each list varies, and it is not possible to give you an exact time. It is best that you ask at the time you complete your application so we might give you an estimated answer based on where your application or name is on the waiting list. At this time, the wait list is exceptionally short.

How much will rent be?

Rent is based on 30% of the adjusted income. AHA has a minimum rent of $50. Flat rent choice is also available and will be discussed if it pertains to your situation.

The tenant pays the gas and electric and AHA pays for the water, sewer and trash removal.

Uno di questi è la formula doppia Legatumoricuneo azione del Levitra e della disfunzione, genera nella partner confusione. La Conferenza Nazionale è dunque un’importante occasione di dibattito e meno il Cialis se si hanno problemi a livello sessuale.

How much is the Public Housing Security Deposit?

0 Bedrooms


1 Bedroom


2 Bedrooms


3 Bedrooms


What are the maximum income eligibility guidelines for Public Housing?

1 Person


2 People


3 People


4 People


5 People


6 People


7 People


8 People


What are units furnished with?

All units are furnished with:

· Gas range

· Refrigerator

· Washer and dryer hook-ups

· Smoke alarm

· Outdoor locked storage units

What utilities are included in rent?

The water and trash are included, you will be required to pay gas (AOG) and electric (OG&E).

What is the difference between Public Housing and Section 8 Housing?

Public Housing (AHA) has its own housing units which it offers to applicants. Section 8 Housing is where the applicant has to find a house or apartment that accepts vouchers. The AHA does not accept Section 8 Vouchers. The Crawford County Section 8 phone number is 479-474-0512.

What if I don't have any income?

Having no income does not disqualify you for Public Housing. However, you will be required to demonstrate the ability to pay the minimum rent and utilities.

What type of units are available?

We have 92 units located in 3 locations.

· 6 units are 0 bedroom units

· 46 units are 1 bedroom units

· 24 units are 2 bedroom units

· 16 units are 3 bedroom units

Seven of the units are designated as handicap apartments that are 100% handicap friendly. All of the Handicap units are equipped with:

· Emergency call switches in the bathrooms and bedrooms.

· Easy access to the kitchen, bathroom sinks, thermostat and light switched.

· Roll-in shower stall with a hand held shower head.

· Smoke alarm

· Outdoor locked storage units


What are your hours of operation?

9:00 – 3:00 Monday thru Friday

Appointment times outside of these hours can be arranged.

You will need to turn in the following items with your application. Copies will be made in our office:

· Original picture I.D. for all persons 18 and over

· Original Social Security cards for all members of the household

· Proof of current income

· Six months of checking or savings account information

· Rental references: name and address of landlords for the past 3 years

· Official State Birth Certificates for children under 18 years of age

· Proof of any assets

· All documents related to your pet (City tag, Rabies tag, shot records, Pet Service Agreement)

Where is your public housing office located?

#9 West Main, Alma, AR 72921

Call 479-632-2043 for driving directions.

Phone: (479) 632-2043
Fax: (479) 632-6410
Address: 9 West Main St, Alma, AR 72921
Lobby Hours
Monday through Friday
9AM - 3PM

We are an Equal Housing Opportunity Provider.
We provide housing without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, physical or mental handicap, familial status, national origin, or other protected class. To file a complaint of discrimination, write HUD Director, Office of Civil Rights, 451 7th Street S.W., Washington, D.C. 20410 or call Customer Service at (202) 708-1112 (voice) or (202) 708-1455 (TTY). HUD is an equal opportunity provider and employer. In accordance with federal law and United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex or familial status. To file a complaint of discrimination, write HUD Director, Office of Civil Rights, 451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410, or call (202) 708-1112 (voice) or (202) 708-1455 (TDD).

© 2020, Alma Housing Authority
Created By GlossyFox Web Design